- 18 pips = - $9.15

03.11.10

The first 3 trades were totally lame. After the news I missed an entry at the pause and subsequent break of the trend line. Perhaps missing that trade contributed to a feeling of having to do something even though there weren't any high probability trades that I could see.

I was whip sawed on each of my first 3 trades. (Got what I deserved)

My fourth trade was frustrating because moments after my break even stop was hit price took off to within a pip of my target. I would have been able to manually close the trade for +10 pips.

The fifth trade was a higher risk entry in my opinion but at least it made sense. I wanted to wait until price had broken out of the range that I had just been whip sawed by many times. My stop was the cyan colored line. Price came to within a pip of my target and I closed it manually.

If today had been flawlessly executed with no hesitation, no emotional trades in the whip saw range & no moving my stop to break even, then my total profit potential on a perfect day would have been +39 pips. However, many mistakes were made and the net result was -19 pips.

No comments:

Post a Comment