Poker Trend Line Break

A while back I picked up poker as a hobby via Don Miller's posts about how the two are related and how they can be complimentary activities in some ways.

I've been grinding the 1 cent 2 cent tables on PokerStars since October 09. So far I've put in 30,000 hands. At first I was playing Fixed Limit Hold'em and after awhile I realized I hate Fixed Limit Hold'em because its much more difficult to raise the competition out of the pots. So as of December 09' I began playing No Limit Hold'em exclusively and by looking at the chart you can see I immediately slowed the rate at which I was being beaten by the game. For the first 3 weeks of February I thought I was officially seeing some progress but alas the downward trend still had a few more extensions to go.

Right now my poker earnings have hit support twice and I'm looking for a trend-line break to the upside. I'll keep you posted how the chart develops.

2 comments:

  1. you should read "tao of poker". It's a great book on how to manage hands and play properly. It's very applicable to trading as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks but I'm a step ahead of ya there because I purchased a copy a few months back. It's definitely a good book. I enjoy grabbing it and opening it up to whatever page and just seeing what I find.

    ReplyDelete